All teams will practice five (5) days a week, two (2) hours per day.
• Each individual must have a minimum of eight (8) practice days before the first competition.
• Varsity will consist of one team comprised of 6th, 7th and 8th grade students. (Do not cut below 15)
• Junior Varsity will consist of one team comprised of 6th, 7th or 8th grade students. (Do not cut below 15)
Please note, if a student is cut from the varsity or junior varsity team and would like to turn out for another sport during the same season, they will abide by WIAA rule 17.12.3 which states:
Practices in one (1) sport cannot be transferred toward the number of practices required in another sport.
• Each athlete must have: o Middle School Activities Contract and Eligibility Form, including: ▪ Emergency Contact information ▪ Signed Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest information form ▪ Sport-specific consent form o Physical – Each athlete is required to have a current physical (last 13 months) o ASB Card Purchased ($15.00)
• All the ABOVE INFORMATION MUST BE on file with the building athletic director before participation.
• School issued uniforms will include school colors, school names, and number. PLEASE NOTE: If uniforms are damaged and/or lost the student will be responsible for the cost of the replacement.
• All eligible participants should be given equal consideration for playing time over the course of the season based on coach’s discretion. Factors for playing time may include but are not limited to, skill, effort, attitude, attendance, behavior in school or any combination of the preceding.
• Goal Posts/Goals - measurement for soccer goals is 24 feet. Goals must be weighed down with sandbags.
• Shin guards are required for each player.
• “Home school” shall supply two (2) regulation NFHS Soccer ball for each game.
• Players may wear sweatshirts/pants under their uniform.
• Coaches are required to have a First Aid kit with them at all practices and games
• Coaches are required to have a copy of the emergency medical cards for each student-athlete on their team
Updated 6/5/18 JMN
• All games start at 3:30pm unless otherwise noted.
• Games will consist of two thirty (30) minute halves.
• Halftime will be five (5) minutes in length.
• All regular season games ending in ties will remain ties. Wins will be given three (3) points, ties one (1), and losses zero (0).
• The top four (4) finishing teams in the regular season will be invited to participate in a season-ending championship.
• In the event of a tie in the standings, seeds will be determined using the following:
o Overall winning percentage o Head-to-head result (regular season only) o Point differential allowed in ONLY the designated games involving the tied teams. o Point differential allowed in the games involving the highest ranked. o Point differential allowed in the games involving the next highest ranked. ▪ i.e. if tied for 1st examine point differential for 2nd place team, 3rd place team and so on. o Coin flip
• The championship team will be presented with a perpetual trophy to be displayed in the school.
RULES - Governed by Washington Interscholastic Activities Association and National Federation 2016 Rules.